Gail Zhou will provide a briefing on Big Data Technology. She will offer insight on Big Data strategy and applications. She will help to answer the following key questions:
(1) What is Big Data and why is it such a big deal?
(2) How do you choose technologies (Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, etc.)?
(3) What kind of Big Data Strategy can you develop?
(4) What kind of Big Data Architectures?
(5) How do you integrate Big Data with traditional applications? What kind of issues would you expect?
(6) How do you get started on Big Data?
Dr. Gail Zhou is a seasoned software architect and IT leader. She has led the design and implementation of very large programs with track record of delivery (annual budget: $3M-$35M). Her current passion is leveraging Big Data technology to design and develop leading edge business solutions. She has held leadership positions in Fortune 100 companies, such as Chief Architect, SVP of Strategic Architecture, and Director of Enterprise Application and Data Architectures. She is the founder of Gail Z Associates, a company specialized in architecture and program management.