Take control of your knowledge portfolio and be in demand! Your command of the top JVM languages; Java 8, Groovy, Scala, JRuby, and Clojure; will set you apart from the rest. This presentation will introduce each of these languages, highlight common ground, and show some stark differences.
This presentation will cover:
* How to install each of the JVM languages
* Describe the “functionality” of each of the languages
* Expressiveness vs. Terseness of each language
* How each language handles mutability
* How each language handles concurrency
* Amazing tricks of each language
* Comparison of language typing
* Comparison and contrast of language performance
* Each language’s killer app
* Analysis of the language culture and where to get help?
* Tips on how to start learning and keep learning with a busy schedule
Daniel Hinojosa has been a self-employed developer, teacher and speaker for private business, education, and government since 1999. Daniel also actively teaches programming for the University of New Mexico Continuing Education.
Daniel is a Pomodoro Technique practitioner and is co-founder of the Albuquerque Java User’s Group in Albuquerque, New Mexico. When he’s not supporting other local Java developers, Daniel spends most of his waking hours developing in and around the Java ecosystem, encompassing multiple languages and frameworks. He is author for the upcoming book ‘Testing in Scala’ and is the latest member of the No Fluff Just Stuff tour.